DHEA is a little-discussed hormone‚ yet it can have a large impact on your body. As an adrenal steroid‚ it’s transported into cells for its conversion into estrogens and androgens. These hormones play a role in your energy levels‚ endocrine and reproductive functioning‚ and metabolism of minerals and fats.
The amount of DHEA your body produces varies based on several factors: gender‚ individual biochemistry‚ and age are the most prominent; natural production begins to drop after the age of 25. If your adrenal glands don’t produce enough DHEA‚ it may have negative health impacts. This may be why taking a DHEA supplement has been associated with increased immune system functioning‚ as well as improved emotional well-being.
There are studies that indicate that DHEA could possibly support a healthy ratio of lean body mass in both men and postmenopausal women‚ meaning that they’re less likely to have excess levels of fat mass. Another study showed that some men may benefit from DHEA’s support for healthy sexual function.
Although DHEA is derived from wild yam‚ the human body can’t metabolize it from food. Therefore‚ it must be extracted and synthesized. Pure Encapsulations maintains purity in its pharmaceutical grade DHEA‚ and micronizes the hormone during manufacturing to increase absorption. These capsules also include palm oil and hypoallergenic plant fiber.
DHEA supplements are NOT for everyone—you should test your DHEA levels before starting to take them‚ and shouldn’t be taken if you already have healthy levels of it. This supplement will provide the greatest benefit if you’re over 40 years old.
- Supports emotional well-being and immune function‡
- Made with 99% pure, pharmaceutical grade DHEA
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Suggested Use: Take one (1) Capsule daily with a meal
DHEA 25 mg (micronized)
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone, C19H28O2) (micronized).................................................................................................................. 25 mg
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Consult a health professional before taking this or any other product. See full warning.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.