Therapeutic Omega-3 for Brain, Nerves, Eye and Heart Health
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) is the major long-chain omega-3 fatty acid found in all tissues of the body. In fact, DHA represents about 97% of all omega-3 fatty acids in the brain and 93% of all omega-3 fatty acids in the retina. Usually only found in animal-sources, it is now offered to you from a high quality, pure plant source (from deep-sea marine algae).
DHA is important for ongoing brain, eye and heart health. It is also important for brain, eye and heart function throughout life. Throughout our lifecycle, the body will continue to turnover DHA and it is important to replenish the stores of DHA in our bodies. While the body can convert DHA from its precursor fatty acids, this process is inefficient and our diet’s are lacking the nutrients to do so. It is therefore important for adults, children and pregnant mothers to obtain adequate amounts of DHA in their diets through supplementation.
Key Benefits for Adults:
- Reduced risk of Alzheimer's dementia
- May play a role in reducing the risk of certain neurological diseases
- Decreases the risk of developing Age-Related Macular Degeneration, a major cause of blindness.
- Essential for Optimal Cardiovascular Health: reduction in triglycerides and an increase HDL levels
- Increases Brain and Cognitive functioning
- Improves Mood
For Pregnant and Lactating Women:
- DHA is important for Optimal Infant Visual and Mental Development both in Utero and Infancy
- Developing infants cannot produce DHA efficiently, and must receive this vital nutrient from the mother through the placenta during pregnancy and in breast milk after birth.
- Increases Cognitive Functioning in Breast-fed infants through 18 years of life
- Increases infant‘s ability to easily adjust to changes in surroundings and improves psychomotor development Infants reported better sleep patterns suggesting greater central nervous system maturity
- Increased Cognitive Functioning
- Improved Vision
- Healthy Blood Vessel Functioning in Children with High Cholesterol Levels
- Essential for Healthy Mental Development
DHA- The Essential Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids include a-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). ALA is the parent compound to the omega-3 family, with EPA as the daughter compound and DHA as the granddaughter compound. While each member of this family plays an important role in health, DHA is the most essential omega-3 fatty acid, and by far the hardest to derive from your diet. DHA is the most biologically active omega-3 fatty acid, due to its length and the number of unsaturated bonds it possesses. It is the dominant type that is found in your cell membranes. DHA, not EPA, is the primary fatty acid associated with brain function, cardiovascular health, and improved circulation. Your brain alone is made up of 25% DHA.
Convenient DHA Capsules
The beauty of pure DHA in vegetable capsules (very small, convenient, easy to swallow capsules) is that they may be used at a healthy maintenance dose of 1 capsule per day (200 mg. of DHA) or in serious cases, 5 caps per day (delivering 1,000 mg. of DHA). Premier DHA is excellent and safe for infants, growing children, adults of any age and especially, for senior citizens to attain and maintain healthy brain and neurological function throughout life.
Recommended Use: Adults: 1-5 capsules daily Children: 1 capsule daily
DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid from algal oil........................200mg
Other Ingredients: Sunflower Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sunflower Lecithin, Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Vegetable Capsule (corn starch, glycerin, water, carrageenan, sorbitol, betacarotene, caramel color)
Does Not Contain: No magnesium stearate, binders, glues or other toxic tagalongs as found in tablets.
Violite™ Protected: Patent-pending dark violet-colored, #2 HDPE nontoxic plastic bottle engineered to block light between 450-720 nm, the range at which damage to nutrients occurs. Nitrogen flushed to protect freshness and prevent oxidation.