Hexane-Free Vitamin D3
Immunity, Bone Metabolism, Cold and Flu Prevention, Mood Support
D3 Serum, by Premier Research Labs is your reliable source for the healthiest, natural vitamin D3. No solvents (hexane) have been used for extraction that may impair the D3 Serum biofield and compromise the long-term benefits of this live-source vitamin D3.
How Can You Get Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is one of the few nutrients the body needs, that does not come from a wide variety of foods. Although salmon, mackerel, sardines and tuna can deliver about 200 I.U./serving, they are not an adequate source of D3. After fortification, milk delivers only vitamin D2 - not D3, the real thing. Vitamin D2 is also added to fortified dairy products but does not function in the same way as D3. Vitamin D3 can be more than 3 times as effective as D2 in maintaining and raising vitamin D blood levels. Although vitamin D3 is more expensive to produce, it is clearly superior to D2. That is why we only use D3 in our D3 Serum.
The body was designed to manufacture a sufficient amount of vitamin D simply by skin exposure to sunlight, which converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to cholecalciferol. Cholecalciferol in turn is hydroxylated at the liver forming 25(OH) D. At the kidneys, 25(OH)D is metabolized to the most active form of vitamin D 1,25(OH)2D3. Sadly, we as a nation do not spend much time in sunlight and when we do, our skin is mostly covered. As a consequence, most people have low levels of vitamin D3 which has initiated a ground swell of scientific research calling for increased daily vitamin D3 intake for all Americans.
Key Benefits of Live-Source Vitamin D3:
- Immunity: Population groups with greater direct sunlight exposure or more vitamin D3 exposure, were found to have stronger immune function than those with restricted sunlight exposure.* Vitamin D3 receptors are known to exist on most immune cells and play a role in maintaining healthy immune cell maturity, differentiation and integration.
- Breast and Mucosal Organs: Research indicates optimal serum levels of vitamin D3 may be important in maintaining the best health of the cells of the breasts, lungs, colon, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, bladder, prostate, uterus, ovaries and kidneys.
- Bone Health: In a 3-year randomized controlled study, vitamin D3 and calcium supplementation promoted bone strength and reduced risk of falling in women aged 65 or older. Vitamin D3 supplements were shown to support hip and non-vertabral bone health in a meta-analysis of twelve double-blind randomized controlled trials of 20,000 people. Vitamin D is essential for healthy calcium metabolism; it promotes intestinal calcium and phosphorus uptake and can reduce urinary calcium excretion.
- Nerve Function: Research indicates vitamin D may promote neural health by supporting healthy nerve conduction potential, antioxidant defense and neuronal calcium regulation. High circulating blood levels of end-chain vitamin D3, 25- hydroxyvitamin D, were associated with nerve and myelin health in a study of 7 million U.S. military personnel, published in JANA, 2006.
- Cognition: Higher levels of vitamin D were correlated with healthy mood and mental function in two studies of more than 300 elderly people. Additionally, we now know that vitamin D receptors and vitamin D hydroxylation pathways exist in areas of the brain responsible for memory and cognition.
- Heart Health: Healthy blood vessel relaxation and blood flow are associated with ideal levels of vitamin D3. Healthy inflammatory response, antioxidant defense and cytokine production are associated with optimal blood levels of vitamin D as well.
Recommended Use: To build up reserves start out with taking 12 drops once a day for 8 weeks. Then take 2-6 drops daily. Take orally by placing a drop directly in the mouth under the tounge. * If you have gallbladder issues, then it is best to stay on higher dosages
Vitamin D3 (1000IU).............250%DV
Other Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, D-Alpha Tocopherol